Academic Study Skills Week 1 Assignment (2) – What it means to be Home

What it means to be home –

Since the first day I arrived in London on October the 2nd, my UAL accommodation has since became my new residence. It has a nice kitchen, a wonderful view and a lot of new strangers that has soon lived among us my neighbours.
This is the hall way, where me and all my new fellow UAL students that lives all among together-
A sneak peak of my room. It’s simple but, it’s also my Studio and a simple workshop. It is my home in which I would be staying for the next 1 year.
The first setup and one of the most important item that makes a place “home” to me, is certainly a desktop computer. This is where I work on most of my hobbies, business projects, video games and most recently, a place where I learn, study and accomplishing assignments via the online classrooms.
The next part is identification. A couple assets of flags can demonstrate a huge part of my personality and thus making the environment more familiar and comfortable for myself.
Few of adorable plushies setup along the desk above my bed. Whenever I feel lonely, I would hug them to feel better and warmer.
As a big aviation enthusiast, demonstrating a couple of aircraft models in my room is a very necessary action to my home. With the presence of their assets, it makes me feel much closer to achieving me dreams and goals.
Since I’m also a train enthusiast so like the aircraft models above, seeing trains running and hearing the wheel clashing through the rail tracks always brings me joys, peace and a bit of encouragements.

However….

Everything I mentioned above means nothing, without the presence of my beloved family. Especially my most dearing Quaker Parrot couple – Crystal and Angela. Without their hugs, their joys of hanging around and always sticking besides my shoulder, nothing else really feels the same. Without their presence, not even the most valuable item in the world could mean anything to me.

The most precious things we have in this world is never about the amount of materials items we own, but rather the people or animals whom we cares, loves and deemed to be the most important “home” to us, forever.

10/23/2020 By – Richard Yu

By Richard Yu

Hello, welcome to my blog site!