Accademic English Reflective Writing

Throughout the course of my experience in UAL, I had interacted with various people from different parts of the world and culture. Primarily, I have also come across with the tutors, which are from the UK and we usually have excellent communications. Since I prefer receiving many feedbacks for any up-to-date progression I was working on, I was frequently writing Emails back and forth with my tutors. Because of time differences between my country and the UK, I often had difficulties trying to make proper contacts with my tutors. Because of many unique situations, we were not able to properly resolve the problem back then. However, I could perhaps arrange a specific time to discuss the matter with my tutors in the future, like setting up a meeting in Teams. I could also use the resources from academic support and ask my questions there, if the tutors are unable to respond to my circumstances.

Besides that, I have also attended multiple academic support sessions in which the tutors I came across with were from different countries across the world as well. I think that the tutors there are really nice. I was having trouble with my essay, and the tutor provided me with several suggestions about what I could do to improve my wrongly written grammar and phrases. There was absolutely no miscommunication and the session usually went smooth and successfully. To be honest, there were nothing I could learn from it, besides knowing some additional methods to write more appropriately for my essays. I had also not encountered any difficulties with anything cultural behavioral difference related.

In conclusion, I have met many great people who’re from all different kinds of culture and world during my past 1 year of experience at UAL. I’m primarily doing great when it comes to these communication situations so I don’t think there’s anything I would have done differently. Besides that, I’m really looking forward to know more people and make new friends during the upcoming study at the BA animation courses. Hopefully, there’s many more exciting things waiting for me to happen and experience in the near future.

By Richard Yu

Hello, welcome to my blog site!